Innis Arden belongs to the Greater Seattle Summer Swim League (GSSSL) and competes with other swim clubs in the area: Klahaya, Aqua Club, View Ridge, Sheridan Beach, Blue Ridge, Wedgwood, and Sand Point.
Per league rules, only members of the club may participate in swim team. Any member child who can swim one length of the pool may join (Contact the coaches for more info). Events are arranged by age group and eligibility extends through age 18. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn competitive swimming in a relaxed environment and to become friends with neighborhood kids of all ages.
Workouts are in the evening until school is out, and then on weekday mornings, scheduled by age group. There are 7 dual meets on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, beginning in late June and continuing through July. Those who qualify can swim in the post-season meets held the last week of July and first week of August.
Team members receive ribbons after each event and there is an awards ceremony at the end of the season. There is a fee for team participation. An assortment of parties and events take place throughout the season in addition to the team competitions.
Swim Team Families,
The league has made some decisions about the summer competition format and schedule!
- To enable competition this summer, four divisions of four clubs each have been created. Innis Arden will be in North Division 1 along with Klahaya, Sand Point, and Blue Ridge.
- During the four weeks of the regular season, we will be competing against one opponent per week. Each week, the meet will be split over two days with 8 & Unders and 9-10s swimming on Tuesday and 13 & Over swimming on Thursday.
- The 11-12 age group may flex from week to week depending on capacity.
- Week 4 will be a matchup between Innis Arden and the North Division 2 team with the same standing as us (Aqua Club, View Ridge, Sheridan Beach, or Wedgwood).
- Depending on capacity, we may have to restrict the number of athletes who can compete. For example, we may not be able to have as many heats of 8 & Under 25 Free or a D relay team for some meets.
- Week 1: Tue June 29th & Thu July 1
- Week 2: Tue July 6 & Thu July 8
- Week 3: Tue July 13 & Thu July 15
- Week 4: Tue July 20 & Thu July 22
- July 26th: Post Season – Dates and format TBD
- August 3rd: All City